Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veterens Day

As we take a day (something I feel is not done enough) to honor or soldiers who are the bravest of the brave I would like to ask why has our President, who dodged serving in Vietnam when it was his term and our Vice President who also did not serve when it was his time, has allowed our soldiers to be treated so horribly after they have come home from serving in Iraq and Afghanistan!

Take a look at Walter Reed and the soldiers treatment there. I know of soldiers who have to wait months at a time to see doctors and I feel that's disgusting and needs to improve. It shoudn't be like this for our brave men and women.

So pathetic and remember Bush is in charge of the military that's why it falls on him.

3 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

First of all, I agree that our solidiers deserve the best of care. I hate when I read the stories about the treatement of some of them at Walter Reed.

However, even with this, soldiers never had it so good. Did you know that in 1980, more American soldiers died than in 2006? We weren't even at war then. The majority of these deaths was due to suicide, homicide, and fatal illnesses. Soldiers did not receive anywhere near the level of psychological or medical treatment that they do today.

Anonymous said...

And the proof of your argument is??

Seriously Robert how many more soldiers have to die before you will wise up? Just curious.

Robert E Wilson said...

Military Deaths Lower Now Than in 1980s"

As for me "wis[ing] up", I believe you are making some assumptions here. What do you perceive is my position on the war? I have never fully stated it on this blog or my own. What exactly am I supposed to "wise up" about?

You may find it hard to swallow (Erik sure seems to) that I am not Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh. I am Robert Wilson and I think for myself, form my own opinions, and have my own unique points of view.