Sunday, September 06, 2009

Why Not

So if anyone is keeping score I present to you the state of Deleware. They want to help heel their budget by allowing sports betting. I say fine I wish more states should have it. But the major sports leagues being the hypocrites they are are resisting saying it will hurt the "integrity" of the game. I don't see how. First I think if they really cared about "integrity" and sports betting they leagues would do things like, oh I don't know refuse to allow odds for games in Newspapers. Or maybe not list injury reports their players because the only people who really would care about that are the gamblers. "Integrity" went out years ago!

3 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

There's something we have called freedom of the press so I don't see how a sports organization can refuse to allow odds for games in newspapers.

Erik said...

I wonder why the sports leagues don't say anything or complain as they are here. Isn't it the same thing?

Tom Michael said...

Sports leagues have complained about newspapers publishing point spreads for years. They can't do anything about it. Complaining and not allowing, though, are clearly NOT the same thing.