Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bear with me

I'm different from a lot of progressives. A lot of progressives are against war for any reason. I disagree. I feel if there is a "Clear and Present Danger" (credit the book and movie) if it is necessary to deal with a threat do it.

I supported going into Afghanistan and getting Osama Bin Laden (who eventually was found in Pakistan). In other words, there was a reason to be there.

I did not support the Iraq invasion and occupation. In my opinion there was no threat, and as we found out every reason given was a lie.


Now onto today's news... I feel North Korea is a threat. I feel Iran is a threat. I would support any invasions of those countries.

I do not feel Syria is a threat unless they attack Israel. Otherwise it is their civil war and we should not be involved.

1 comment:

Robert E Wilson said...

You would support invasion of North Korea? That didn't work so well over 60 years ago.