Thursday, April 12, 2007

Not just Imus

Now that Don Imus has also been fired by CBS I hope attention is turned to other obvious racists on the radio who have free form to speak the hate. Here is a few people I have in mind (you can imagine who will be in the list) but I will also have the quotes that make me feel this way.

Rush Limbaugh: "Black People can't swim." "[t]he media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well" and, therefore, that McNabb "got a lot of credit for the performance of this team [the Eagles] that he didn't deserve."

Glen Beck to Keith Ellison (D)
"OK. No offense, and I know Muslims. I like Muslims. ... With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying, 'Let's cut and run.' And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' "

Glen Beck on Katrina victims: "Scumbags"

Neal Boortz on the execution last year of convicted murderer Tookie Williams: "Schwarzenegger knows full well that as soon as Tookie's death is announced there will be riots in South Central Los Angeles and elsewhere." Boortz wrote that "[t]here are thugs just waiting for an excuse ... not a reason, an excuse" and explained that "[t]he rioting, of course, will lead to wide-scale looting."

Bill O'Idiot: On gay marriage ""Nature dictates that a dad and a mom is the optimum" form of child-rearing. O'Reilly asked "why," if children suffer no psychosocial deficit from being raised by same-sex parents, "wouldn't nature then make it that anybody could get pregnant by eating a cupcake?"

on Katina evacuations: many of the poor in New Orleans" did not evacuate the city before Hurricane Katrina because "[t]hey were drug-addicted" and "weren't going to get turned off from their source." O'Reilly added, "They were thugs."

goto mediamaters.com for more racism. The airwaves need to be cleaned up. Imus was step one.

No comments: