Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What's unpatriotic

You know one of the things that always upsets me is how Republicans claim they know what is patriotic. They claim how not supporting the war is not patriotic they claim how not wearing a flag pin on your tie is not patriotic they have claimed you have to support the Republican President otherwise you are not patriotic (while in the meantime attacking former Presidents Clinton and Carter on a regular basis).

To me though the most un-patriotic thing you can do is not use your right to vote. Even today even though here in California there is nothing major on the ballot and even though my mom is in the hospital with a broken hip I still went to my polling place and voted. I have not missed an election no matter where I lived since I turned 18.

The way I figure not voting is the most un-patriotic thing you can do.

No comments: