Saturday, January 10, 2009

The REAL top 5

So with the BCS crap I figured I'd give the REAL top 5 in college football. No scientific stuff like polls just my opinion.

1) Utah. They are undefeated. They beat 6 teams this year that were in bowls. They might have even beat the Florida and Oklahoma teams that showed up on Thursday.

2) USC. Truly the best teams in the country. Everyone knows I'm not a USC fan but I always do respect them and the fact of the matter is they had a tougher schedule then the teams in the alleged Championship Game

3) Florida. Tim Teebow is a great player. They have a solid team. USC still beats them at this time.

4) Texas. They beat Oklahoma. They should have been there. Result still would have been the same

5) The Pac-10 Conference. They went 5-0 in bowl games. No other conference could claim that.

5 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

No disagreement here except for number 5 but I assume that was a joke since both Washington schools were so bad that including them in any way is ludicrous.

It's funny this year how the Pac-10 got no respect and did so well. It was parallelled somewhat in the NFL. The NFC West was a laughingstock division and the Cardinals are now one win away from the Superbowl. I am personally picking them to beat Philadelphia as Kurt Warner tends to shine in playoff games and McNabb tends to falter somewhere along the way.

The AFC West was a joke too yet the Chargers surprised a few people. It would have really been fun to see a Cardinals-Chargers Superbowl.

Erik said...

It was funny how I hate both the Steelers and the Chargers. Looks like I'm cheering for the Ravens. Arizona could beat Philly but the Eagles defense is playing really well and the Eagles destroyed the Cardinals Thanksgiving in the same building.

I should have said the Pac-10 conference teams that won bowl games. That was my error.

And actually it would have probably been the worst rated Superbowl if the Cardinals played the Chargers.

Robert E Wilson said...

The ratings will be even lower if it's Eagles-Steelers except in the state of Pennsylvania.

Robert E Wilson said...

I should mention the previous Eagles-Cardinals game was played in Philadelphia. Also, the results of previous regular season matchups have been proven to be meaningless in the postseason.

Erik said...

Actually if the Steelers win (which since I hate them I am against) they are among the NFL's highest draws in terms of ratings.