Monday, February 08, 2010

Idiot of the week and other things

First congrats to the New Orleans Saints for the tremendous victory on the Super Bowl. You earned it.

Second I was wrong about the Tebow ad. There was nothing wrong or controversial with it so I apologize.

Now onto the idiot of the week and that is the Tea Party movement. They had a convention last week and the first speaker, former Colorado rep Tom Tancredo, suggested we need to have a "literacy test to protect America from Presidents like Obama".
http://rawstory.com/2010/02/tea-party-opening-speaker-suggests-blacks-voting/

That gives the whole racist speech. The reason why the Tea Party gets the idiot of the week is how no one called him out, no one corrected him and no one, NO ONE booed, hissed or did anything to get him off the stage. To me that speaks volumes. Tea Party gets clearly the idiot of the week.

4 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

I'm glad you see it that way regarding the Tebow ad.

Did you know that the head of NOW condemns that ad because of its portrayal of "violence towards women"? Ridiculous!

Erik said...

I'm the first to say when I was wrong. I still think CBS needs a consistant policy but that was not offensive at all. Regarding now keep in mind I had PETA as the idiot of the week last week.

Erik said...

Robert how come you wont comment about tancredos racist hate filled remarks?

Robert E Wilson said...

He didn't say anything racist. You interpreted it as racist.

Why did you assume that illeterates are all non-white?