Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I'm Thankful for

This is something I try to do every Thanksgiving. This year is different with what has happened to me personally and emotionally this year. It's very simple I'm Thankful I'm alive. For the few who come here that aren't my friends I woke up one morning after thinking I had the flu and I couldn't walk. I had to go to go the hospital in an ambulance and was scared to death. I have never experienced anything like that before and I don't wish that experience on anyone. I was lucky it turned out to be an infection in my leg and nothing worse. Three days in the hospital and three weeks on an iv later I was fine and on the plus side that caused me to start to lose a lot of weight. I'm down 77 pounds this year and hope to continue to lose weight. I'm working my ass off in the process. This was also a tough year emotionally with the loss of my father who I miss terribly. He was a victim of a death panel that was before the healthcare bill passed when his insurance company told him they wouldn't put him on the list for a kidney transplant because he was too old. (Yes I'm still pissed off about that). Quite simply (I probably will repost this at sometime around New Year) appreciate your friends, appreciate your family and even if you don't have everything appreciate what you do have cause it can be taken away in an instant.

No comments: