Monday, March 10, 2008

He should resign

One thing you know I always try to be when I post on this site, whether you agree or disagree with what I say, is consistent with my views and opinions. I called for both David Vitter and Larry Craig to resign when there sex scandals came out and now I have to do the same for Democratic Gov. Elliot Spitzer of New York. He has been linked to a high priced prostitution ring. I always say as the party of ethics and values (Democrats, not Republicans) we have to set the example to show we, unlike Republicans, won't tolerate this behavior.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/nyregion/10cnd-spitzer.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Democratic scandals always seem to be about sex. Republican scandals always seem to involve abuse of power (even Larry Craig's, when you think about it). Of the two, I prefer to be linked to the party of sex scandals.

Robert E Wilson said...

I, for one, don't rely on how the actions of members of a political party reflect on me.

No party is the party of ethics and values. If even churches get in trouble for their lack of ethics or values, how could we expect it out of a political party?

Erik said...

Robert how many times did we hear that from Republicans such as Gingrich etc. and how many times did it come back to bite them in the ass? just asking

Robert E Wilson said...

My point is that you, in your post stated that Democrats are the party of ethics and values. If the Democrats start saying that, they'll get into just as much trouble.

Erik said...

We take care of our problems instead of blaming others. That's the damn truth

Robert E Wilson said...

You mean as in Gerry Studds?