Thursday, April 17, 2008

Most important

I always find this question interesting because I get a lot of different answers on this:

What is the most important right we have?

For me, more then anything separation of Church and State. I say this because I don't want religion forced on me nor would I want my religion forced on you. (For the record I am Jewish) I feel those who try to force their religion on me are worse then scum. Again that's my feeling. That doesn't mean I don't believe in god and don't worship in my way but that should be private. Completely private.

I'd like to know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My personal #1: "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

When I think about Tiananmen Square, or the current situation in Zimbabwe, this right leaps to the forefront in importance. Free speech in private only goes so far; peaceful, nonviolent public demonstrations can achieve anything, so long as this right is respected.