Friday, March 20, 2009

AIG

Looking at the AIG mess specifically who is to blame:

First it's de-regulation. Sorry if Wall Street wasn't de-regulated this would easily be prevented along with Bernie Madoff. And this is yet another example why this policy never works as companies like AIG become "too big to fail"

Second Sec Tim Geitner. You showed at the very least you are weak. At the very most you are involved in fraud. You should be fired.

Third Republicans. This is a mess created in the late 1990's when you de-regulated the industry when you were in charge of Congress and the Senate and insisted on this legislation. And if I recall before Robert jumps all over me he is the one who says the President only is in charge of the military so many times when I rightfully attacked Bush this is not Clinton's fault using Roberts words although..

Four: Bill Clinton. You should have vetoed this legislation which created this mess.


Now that being said I would like to go to the hearings. I thought Barney Frank stepped over the line and sounded like McCarthy when he demaded the names of those who received bonuses. Now would I like those names to be public? Yes I would BUT he sounded like he was grandstanding.

No comments: