Friday, March 06, 2009

An Open Letter

I'd like to give a copy of a letter I emailed to former Sen. Norm Coleman

Dear Former Senator,

Mr. Coleman how are you. I hope you are well. I'd like to talk about what you are doing to your state. You are hurting your state. One of the things I was constantly told in 2000 after Bush stole the election was get over it. Democrats lost. I offer you the same advice. Please drop your legal challenges. You lost the election. Unlike Florida all votes were counted. By continuing the legal battles you are waging against Sen. Elect Al Franken you are putting your ego before the needs of your state who decided they wanted someone else. I realize you might be humiliated as someone who has lost elections to a wrestler (Jesse Ventura) and a comedian (Al Franken) but there needs to be a time when you have to realize that it's over for you. I realize there is pride and ego involved but the question you need to answer is what is more important: Your pride and ego or your state of Minnesota.

Now realize if Sen. Elect Franken doesn't do a job that the people of Minnesota demand of him they will not re-elect him but until then you are not the Senator from Minnesota anymore. Enjoy your life. You will probably earn more money doing speeches then you would as Senator.

In closing former Sen. Coleman the ball is in your court. You can do what's right and drop the challenges or continue to hurt your state of Minnesota. The choice is yours.

No comments: