Wednesday, July 18, 2007

An Idea to ease traffic

First before I get to my idea to ease traffic in Los Angeles I'm convinced nothing will stop traffic as long as there are cars on the road. This is an idea that may or may not help but it's better in my opinion then I am hearing from the Los Angeles City Council and Mayor. Now I also understand that people will bitch about this as they complain about every solution given no matter how much/little it makes sense and yet they will also complain about traffic as well. This specifically deals with the westside.

A) Build the Red Line Subway along Wilshire Blvd to Santa Monica (something I know being talked about).

B) Build a subway line that will connect the Green Line which ends near LAX along Sepulvida Blvd. north until it eventually connects with the Busway which is here in the San Fernando Valley. Again while that won't stop traffic on the 405 but that will ease it some.

If there is anything else that anyone would like to add please feel free.

4 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

"A) Build the Red Line Subway along Wilshire Blvd to Santa Monica (something I know being talked about)."

That will probably happen at great expense someday.

"B) Build a subway line that will connect the Green Line which ends near LAX along Sepulvida Blvd. north until it eventually connects with the Busway which is here in the San Fernando Valley."

I doubt this will happen. Too much expensive real estate to go through (Bel Air especially) not to mention the logistics of a subway through a mountain pass (unstable geology). What's much more likely and feasible is to do a Gold Line-style railway along the 405. The Gold Line and Blue Lines are built right on the 210 and 110 Freeways respectively.

Erik said...

not to mention the logistics of a subway through a mountain pass (unstable geology).

Didn't they do that with the redline? Yes they did. I thought about along the freeway but look at the lack of space already there and what they are going to do when they do the stupid thing and expand the freeway. And to the residents of expensive real estate I say you are in it with us either deal with it or move away.

I know any idea is way too little and way too late and none will happen probably.

Robert E Wilson said...

You are right about how they did manage to build the Redline throught the Cahuenga Pass. I forgot about that.

I still believe the above ground train that goes alongside (or within or above) the 405 is the best idea though. I know someone who is high on the corporate chain at the MTA and that is the most likely thing that's going to happen. (Yes, it really is supposed to be built in the next 5 years or so, the budgets are already being allocated).

Erik said...

Problem is in general no matter what ideas which make complete sense (like finishing the 710) there are always going to be people who will stop it. That's why very little gets done.