Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What a jerk

This pisses me off to no end. We lost Democratic Rep. Tom Lantos yesterday. He was the ONLY member of Congress to survive the Holocaust and this a-hole Michael Savage has the following to say about him:

SAVAGE: Who died? What’s his name? Lantos? You know, that’s a tough one for me to deal with. You’re not supposed to talk badly about the dead. I generally wouldn’t do it. But in the case of Tom Lantos, I’ll make an exception. I think he was one of the most — he was a scoundrel. And I’ll tell you why I detested Tom Lantos. The man survived the Holocaust of World War II and used it as a weapon the rest of his life. That’s why. Do you understand what I just said to you? You can’t have it both ways. You can’t suffer such a horror, and then use it as a weapon without people noticing it. You know what I’m saying to you? I didn’t like Tom Lantos.


I mean "people" like Savage who would have NO IDEA what survivors of the Holocaust went through, the torture, the pain, the suffering (my grandfather went through it so I know the stories) but to say this just disgusts me to no end. Now if Savage didn't like him that's one thing but to say HE USED the Holocaust as a weapon is the most vile disgusting disturbing thing I have heard. I hope this a**hole burns in hell for that and if anyone agrees with him they can join him.!

http://mediamatters.org/items/200802120004

Robert I know you are a smart man but I'm sorry I don't see how you can racist,sexist, anti-semitic a**holes like these. I really thought you are smarter then that but since you agree with them and all the statements I post that they say I guess there is nothing else to say except how disappointing you are.

4 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

First of all, I don't know why you insist on this guilt-by-association tactic. I don't know who Michael Savage is so why do you imply that I am somehow involved with him.

Not knowing anything about either man, Savage or Lantos, I can only say that if Lantos did use his internment in a Nazi camp as some kind of vehicle for sympathy or special treatment, then Lantos is right. If not, he is wrong. Either way, his comment can hardly be construed as some kind of indictment against all Holocaust survivors.

Back to my first remark. I feel I should point out that it is generally people on the left who support Palestine and the destruction of Israel. Also, and I mean this in general, many black-Americans are strongly anti-semetic. About 90% of black-Americans support the Democratic party. If I play your idiotic guilt-by-association game then, Erik, I can say that you are an anti-semite.

Erik said...

What does the third comment have to do with anything? And where can you prove that statement on your first remark cause I know of no one who feels like that. Oh yeah you can't cause you are making it up. And yes it can be construed (thanks for the new word) as an indictment just like Mel Gibson when he was pulled over indicted all Jews because that's how he really feels. I should say at least they admit to what a**holes they are! Again Robert this is the company you keep.

Erik said...

And if you just blindly accuse people you better have links of quotes otherwise you are just making it up.

Robert E Wilson said...

Oh, because you don't know anybody who thinks that way means it's not true? You sound like the late Pauline Kael.

What about when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was invited to speak at the very liberal Columbia university? He was cheered by a great many of the faculty and students.

Democrats, including Hillary Clinton have visited Palestinian camps and spoke of negotiating with Israel on their behalf. Clinton also allegedly called someone a "f****** Jew Bastard" back in 1974. No, that's not anything concrete even if she did say it, but I bet you and the media would be all over it if it was even alleged to have come from McCain.

Jews and the Black Community

If you don't understand there is a rift between the black community and the Jewish community, you must live in a cave.

Jesse Jackson refered to them as "Hymies" and New York City as "Hymie Town".

Al Sharpton refered to Jews as "Diamond Merchants".

Louis Farrakhan called the Jewish faith "a gutter religion".

No, I'm not making stuff up. Also note that I used the word "general" or general in my earlier statements. I'm not saying "all blacks" or "all people on the left". That's what you do.