Thursday, August 12, 2010

Professional Left

As I guess a member of the "Professional Left" I feel I need to comment on Robert Gibbs statements saying people like myself need to be "drug tested" for not blindly supporting the President. I would like to respond.

We are not Republicans. We do not speak in one voice. We have diverse opinions and views. That's how America should be.

But he is also right and that President Obama doesn't get enough credit. I always try to give him the credit he deserves. He's lived up to promises on reforming healthcare, wall st. ending combat operations in Iraq (he better not do a mission accomplished banner and land on an Aircraft Carrier). He accomplished more in 2 years then the last idiot did in his 8. So he deserves credit for that.

However when Obama is wrong, he needs to be called on it. Most specifically he needs to do more on don't ask don't tell and the defense of marriage acts. I think a lot of people will back off on him if he repeals those items.

There hasn't been a President who inherited as much as Obama has. In a few ways Gibbs is right however Obama needs to be called when he is slowed or if he is wrong on issues.

No comments: