Sunday, October 15, 2006

Demise of U.S. Sports

You know I'm a sports fan and it does make me sad to say this but U.S. is dying in it's team sports. Here are examples:

U.S. doesn't win a game in the World Cup

U.S. loses in the Basketball Championship

U.S. doesn't win the Baseball Classic

even today I see in the L.A. Time the U.S. failed in Gymnastics.

Now I'm not sure the reasons for the dimise of the U.S. sports I think it's the fact in at least the professionals they don't really promote team competition but individual players. Take a look at Basketball. The United States had the best individual talent then all the competition combined but they lost to a better team. Teams rule the international competition not individuals.

Solutions. Not many but the best I can come up with is leave the professional players out of the team concept. Since their egos are usually the biggest they are the ones that kill the team concept cause they wanna add to their highlight reel. THat's my thought anyway.

No comments: