Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Issue

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126126319&ps=cprs

This is probably the one issue I am on the conservative side on. The Arizona House and Senate passed a very tough illegal immigration law stating their police can stop anyone they suspect is an illegal alien and ask for their papers. I'm sorry but I think it's right but the law doesn't go after employers ( which really should be the start point) who hire illegal immigrants. One of the thing I disagree with though is they also are requiring polititions to show their Birth Certificates. That's fine as long as you start with your Senator John McCain cause he was born in Panama which last I checked isn't in the United States. That law, which is clearly a shot at our President, applies to Arizona's Senator as well.

But digressing back to the point one issue that always bothered me is how people say the illegal immigrants will do work Amercans won't. That's a lie. Americans will do things like pick fields if they are given a fair wage and benefits.

2 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

If you are born on a military base in a foreign country, that is still U.S. soil.

Erik said...

Then I ask again where is his birth certificate. It's a simple question.