Friday, May 06, 2005

Guns

Guns is a tough issue for me. I respect the constitution and bill of rights as it was the basis of how our country was based on however it seems, as we are hit in Los Angeles with 12 freeway shootings in the past several weeks I have this simple question: When our founding fathers wrote that ammendment they clearly meant the guns at that time, muskets etc., not ak47's and uzi's. I saw where Gov. Jeb Bush signed the "hold your own ground" law which means basically that if someone is on your property, looks at you wrong you can shoot them and not be charged with a crime! That's just asking for trouble. I realize most of the country is law-abiding however as long as guns are a problem guns should be given after a complete backround check after several days, which the Bush administration has recently allowed to expire. Some great leader this fraud is.

Erik

No comments: