Monday, May 09, 2005

Kansas

Ladies and Gentlemen I saw a story in CNN I believe where the school board in the great state of Kansas wanted to follow other states and stop the teaching of evolution and move their religious studies area of teaching to the science department and only teach creationism. Ladies and Gentlemen I wasn't the first person on earth neither were anyone of you. You cannot say we evolved for sure we cannot say god said "poof" and there men and women came. To me, and since this is my column I can say what I please, I tend to believe more Darwin's theory of evolution but that is my belief and not fact. This is again more facts on the religious right wanting to take over every aspect of our lives but just stating one theory is correct and not the other. What I would think would make sense(god forbid that ever happens) would be to teach both theories and *gasp* let people actually think and decide for themselves. I realize that is a new concept to the religious right but that would actually be fair.

2 comments:

Scott Edward Johnson said...

Creationism isn't a theory nor is it science. It has no business being addressed in public school outside of sociology discussions. To equate the two is to give the regligious nutcases a victory.

Erik said...

personally I agree with the comment but since it doesn't appear like that will happen I say at least make it an equal fair debate instead of just creationalism.