Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One Prop

I'd like to talk about a measure on the ballot in California and that's prop 8. I've heard so many lies coming from the people who are in favor of that (of course the religious freaks) who are claiming all sorts of nonsense.

What prop 8 will do if passed will abolish same-sex marriages. The crap I heard from the churches who are spending millions includes how the church would lose tax-exempt status (which if it were true I would applaud) and they hope you are just so homophobic enough that you would agree with them.

This IS a civil rights issue. If two people are in love they should be able to marry no matter what the sexual preference is. It's sad that the church (who allowed their priests to sexually molest boys for years) is so against this but what do you expect.

So in this case I urge you to vote no on prop 8.

No comments: