Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not Letting Me Down

Since to see "people" (and I use that term more and more loosely) like Newt and Rush etc. not let me down. They are the racists and they call the new Supreme Court Nominee one based on a partial statement she made in 2001. I found the statement and there is nothing racial about it just honesty (which is something I guess they are not familiar with).

Here is a link to that statement:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/us/politics/15judge.text.html?_r=1

Robert why aren't you calling out Newt and Rush etc. for those awful comments like you do me? Oh yeah you are a coward like them.

4 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

Call me a glutton for punishment. In one day, you've called me a hypocrite and now a coward. Is that really how you see me?

The statement "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life." made by Sonia Sotomayor is a racist statement.

I call it that because it fails a basic test and that is to hear it reversed. If a white male judge candidate had implied in any way that he was superior to a latina on merit of his gender or ethnicity, he would be forever scorned and be completely out of contention. He would never be a judge again and could even be disbarred.

Now that is not to say that I am calling Sonia Sotomayo a racist. Unlike you Erik, I don't jump to those conclusions as I realize we all say inappropriate things at one time or another. The only person who really knows if she is a racist or not is Sonia herself.

So in that degree, I agree that Limbaugh and Gingrich had no right whatsoever in calling her a racist. Happy?

Erik said...

So when Samuel Alieto made the same statement AND Oren Hatch said something similar during the confirmation hearing for Alberto Gonzales that means they are racists??

Erik said...

And to respond I think less and less of your close mindedness on the website

Robert E Wilson said...

What did Alito say that mirrors what Sotomayor said? Oren Hatch is a non-sequitor since we are talking about qualifications as a judge. I believe Hatch is a senator.

Now, I'm close-minded?