Friday, August 18, 2006

Ending of Two Eras

I'd like to talk about two disturbing events that has occured recently in Los Angeles in our radio markets.

First our only country station changed formats to a hip-hop station. That's wrong. Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge country music fan I'm more of a classic rock fan but still in the 2nd biggest market there is no room for one country station? Nevermind I also find it disgusting that in America a majority of the radio stations here are in Spanish but that's another post.

We already have 5 hip hop stations in Los Angeles this will be 6. I only have one station that plays pure classic rock. I guess this is more a reason to get satelite radio isn't it.

The second I was saddened to learn a 23 year show here called breakfast with the Beatles has ended or is about to end according to laradio.com that was always fun to listen to.

No comments: