Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wrong

I saw this quote by Harry Reid which I disagree with:

“One reason why we have the fires in California is global warming,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) told reporters Tuesday, stressing the need to pass the Democrats’ comprehensive energy package.

No the reason we had fires is a combination of a couple of things:

Strong Santa Anna Winds
And a combination of downed power lines and sick freaks who think it's fun to set fires!

You know how I believe Global Warming and it's a problem that needs to be resolved now instead of later but that is not what causes fires.

And despite what i saw on False News this comment is nowhere near as stupid and uncaring as Glenn Beck's comments the other day.

5 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

Thank you Erik for making a sound observation I honestly thought you would agree with Reid's statement. I guess living in Southern California all your life gave you the sense to remember that hot, dry, winds and fires are the norm for Southern California this time of year.

It's funny how I keep hearing from newspeople how this particularly bad year (and yes, this has been a particularly bad year) is due to the lack of rain. The truth is that it would have been potentially much worse had this been a year of heavier than normal rain. There would have been much more brush to burn.

I've also heard a "news" person (I don't know who) remark that its unusual to get Santa Ana's and fires this late in the year. Really? The huge Malibu fire of 1993 occurred just before Thanksgiving. Either this person has a short memory, no knowledge, or was just trying say something dramatic.

Two things that do seem to increase every year is the number of "sick freaks" as you call them who start at least half of these fires and news coverage. Think maybe they're related?

Erik said...

But you must then agree with Glenn Beck's ACTUAL sick comments since you don't seem to wanna speak about them.

Erik said...

I wonder though if he meant to say (even though he didn't) contribute instead of cause that's a different word altogether and that might be more accurate. But I quote from what he said.

Robert E Wilson said...

No, I certainly don't agree with those comments. Honestly, I don't know who Glenn Beck is.

Erik said...

Glenn Beck is a commentator on allegedly liberal CNN. He is not liberal. He is the guy who called Katrina survivors "scumbags" and another who attacks victims of 9/11.

Robert like I always say and I hope you agree if I feel Democrats say and do the wrong things I will talk about them just as quick as I would Republicans. That's called being fair.