Saturday, November 18, 2006

I'm a demon

That's what Pat Robertson said on the 700 Club. Here is a viewer question then his response:

Why [do] evangelical Christians tell non-Christians that Jesus (God) is the only way to Heaven? Those who are Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, etc. already know and have a relationship with God. Why is this? It seems disrespectful.

No. They don't have a relationship. There is the god of the Bible, who is Jehovah. When you see L-O-R-D in caps, that is the name. It's not Allah, it's not Brahma, it's not Shiva, it's not Vishnu, it's not Buddha. It is Jehovah God. They don't have a relationship with him. He is the God of all Gods. These others are mostly demonic powers. Sure they're demons. There are many demons in the world.


So since I am not a Christian according to him I'm a demon. I guess that means I'm going to hell (knew that already) but as far as he is concerned when is he going to be investigated by the IRS? He is a big Bush supporter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erik,
It's nice to find people who love their fellowman and God also. I wouldn't pay too much attention to people who put down other religions. Everyone knows that it's not up to us to judge, but some people do it to make themselves feel superior. Proverbs 21:2 says "Every way of a man is upright in his own eyes, but Jehovah is making an estimate of hearts." So we can leave the judgment to him and be sure that it will be accurate.
I know you were kidding about going to hell. but there are a lot of misconceptions about hell. The first, being the fact that it's a mistranslation of three other words from the Bible, Gehenna, Hades and Sheol, all three having the common theme of meaning "the grave", with Gehenna having been a dump outside of Jerusalem that burned continually, to consume refuse. It was also where they put people who "did not deserve a decent burial," But there was no burning forever, just burning up and then it was over. So no one has to worry about going to "hell", the worst that will happen is they just won't be resurrected, since the payment for sin is death and their names won't be written in the "Book of Life".
On another note, at John 20:17 "Jesus said to her(Mary Magdalene): “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’”
And at John 14:28 Jesus said, "YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am."
And after Jesus' death, Paul wrote at 1st Corinthians 11:3 “But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God.”
So Jehovah is Jesus' God, Father and superior (greater/head). Even after Jesus had risen to heaven.
Since Jehovah was always superior to Jesus and still is, they cannot be one and the same.
Thanks,
maureen123@cox.net