Monday, April 10, 2006

9/11 Movies

I've posted a few times I've lost friends on 9/11 in the World Trade Center. The events of that day are very personal to me. That's part of my utter hatred I have toward George Bush because he turned that into the War on Iraq who had nothing to do with the events of that tragic day.

I've seen the ads for Flight 93 which is about the plane that was hijacked and crashed in PA. after the passengers tried to take the plane back and I'm reading where Oliver Stone is also directing a movie starring Nicholas Cage. I don't know.

Everyone figured out that movies were going to be made about the attacks on that day and there has been tons of Documentaries on places like the Discovery Channel etc. but I admit it's hard for me to this day, as obviously it's even harder for the widows of the tragedy, to watch videos from that day.

I guess the question is that I'm trying to ask is what is appropriate. Stories should be told and the victims should never be forgotten but what is the right thing to do.

And by the way can anyone believe this year will be the 5th anniversery of the attacks?

1 comment:

RC said...

I think this a good "1st film" to tell a 9/11 story...a little unsure about world trade center coming out later in the year...

obviously more will follow, but I think we'll feel more comfortable about it once we get through these first couple.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com