Sunday, June 11, 2006

Equality

This might not make me that popular but I'd like to talk about it. Tennis player Maria Sharapova said recently that female tennis players should be paid as much as male tennis players.

I'd like to talk why that shouldn't happen. First when male tennis players play they go best 3 out of 5 sets. Females 2 out of 3. You tell me if that makes women deserving. Mens tennis outdraws ratings wise womens tennis. You tell me if that makes women deserving. You see if they want equal footing as men in term of sports they should equal what men do.

Now in the corporate world that's different I hear all the time women getting paid less then men for doing the same job and that's very wrong and that practice needs to be stopped. That's discrimination as far as I'm concerned.

Now back to sports when golfer Michelle Wie tries mens tournements she hits off the mens tees (which are further back then womens tees) so that's equal. When Danica Patrick races in the Indy 500 it's based on where she qualifies. That's equal. That's just my view.

No comments: