Friday, June 23, 2006

Two Letters

I'd like to talk about two letters in the LA Daily News. One blames President Bill Clinton for Osama Bin Laden the other is wondering why the United States is the "ONLY" nation that is obeying the Geneva Convention.

First I realize the right likes to blame President Bill Clinton for everything but I'd like to take you back to when the U.S. embassies in Africa were bombed. President Bill Clinton sent out fighter jets to bomb the terror camp in Sudan where Osama Bin Laden was allegedly at.

I kept hearing from the right wing news and talk media pretty much the following:

How can someone who hasn't served in the military (much like most of the current administration but we don't hear about that) use our military in war,

We kept hearing how much each bomb cost from the right wing talking heads.

We kept hearing how this was a distraction with Monica Lewinsky.

No war for Monica was also a popular saying at the time. Wag The Dog (reference to a movie out about that time)

That's what was said. So you tell me who has done more to get Osama Bin Laden. George "I don't think about him anymore" Bush or Bill Clinton.

Now onto the second letter. I realize how stupid the right is but I guess they fail to realize that when WE torture prisoners (as we are in Cuba, as we did and are doing at Abu Gharib and at "secret" prisons in Europe) we set ourselves up for the same treatment. I don't like it I don't want it but that's what happens. They are responding to what we are doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They used any excuse they could find -or make up- to mention Monica. What else did they have going for them?