Tuesday, June 13, 2006

nowhere to go

I was at my hangout the other day (a bar at a hotel) and all the sudden literally 100 cars came into the parking lot. They weren't guests at the hotel. They were just young adults (or whatever the PC term is to me they are kids) just hanging out. Not crated any trouble (at least when I was there). Since they were loitering the hotel did call the police (although I left before they got there). However that got me wondering.

When I was in High School in the 80's (El Camino Real class of 88) there were places to hang out. People who were in high school had places to go and be themselves. Most of the places I had growing up are gone now and I am wondering if the fact there isn't many places for high schoolers to go has something to do with the increase in violence in young adults.

Just wondering.

No comments: