Saturday, January 05, 2008

Is it me??

I realize I'm a novice in politics but I'm confused on one thing after the caucus Thursday: Why is the media saying John McCain was the big winner when he finished fourth. I mean (thanks to thinkprogress.org) some quotes:

MSNBC’s Mike Barnicle: “McCain’s stance on the war. They view it because of who he is and the eye contact during these town meetings. He’s the Babe Ruth of town meetings.”

Fox News’ Greta van Susteren: “I can’t think of anyone happier tonight than Sen. John McCain.”

Politico’s Mike Allen: “Tonight is a fantastic night for John McCain. … He’s one of the biggest winners of the night.”

Newsweek’s Jon Meacham: “To me, the great story about Sen. McCain is, when in doubt, give principle a try.”

Fox News’ Carl Cameron
: “Inside Washington, he’s been a real maverick outsider.”



I mean he lost to Huckabee,Romney,Thompson and he's being hailed as a hero. For that matter why isn't the media giving Edwards more publicity for his 2nd place finish yesterday still giving their coverage to Hillary?

No comments: