Sunday, January 06, 2008

NFL

I'm reading a column by T.J. Simers in the Los Angeles Times today he is talking about how Los Angeles is doing just fine without a professional football team(well USC might count). And wanted to touch up on that. It's been many years since the Rams and Raiders left Los Angeles now both teams are on tv a lot (unfortunately since both teams were bad this year) but taking a look at things the only NFL team in Southern California, the San Diego Chargers, barely sell out their playoff game this week against USC Killer Vince Young and the Tennessee Titans.

Personally I don't miss the NFL. We usually get the best games on TV each week and as the NFL surely sees ratings are up in Los Angeles.

I do know though the NFL needs Los Angeles.

I also know the NFL has said they will NOT (thank god) put a team in the Los Angeles Coliseum.

So where does it go from here? We will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have volunteered my services to personally interview cheerleader candidates for the new L.A. team...

Robert E Wilson said...

Ready for this? It probably won't happen but the Rams could conceivably move back.

The primary reason they went to St. Louis to begin with is Georgia wanted to be there. Georgia is in very bad health from what I've been reading. Her son, Chip Rosenbloom will inherit the team and may not want to stay in St. Louis.

The worst things the Rams could have done in St. Louis is win a Super Bowl. From 1995 to 1998, the Trans World Dome (as it was called back then) sold out every single game even though the Rams were terrible all those years. This year, now that they suck again, the Rams played to a half-full dome and the ones who bothered to show up cheered for the opponent.

Now the Edward Jones Dome is falling apart (it literally snowed through the roof during the Green Bay game this year.) The Rams desperately need a new place to play. The St. Louis fans aren't ready to open their wallets for them any more. In fact, from reading the St. Louis Post/Dispatch, fans are practically showing them the door.

Hey, it could happen.

Erik said...

I know you are a fan of the Lambs but they are one of my most hated teams, along with the Chargers, Cowpukes and Steelers. So while I know you would be happy if that happened I would be very pissed off. If you want I can tell you how I really feel :)

Erik said...

And I'm sure you would be just as pissed if the Raiders would move back which from what I understand is possibility.