Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ahhh Texas

I read in the Los Angeles Times on Monday http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-ed-soprano11jul11,1,2086015.story?ctrack=1&cset=true
where, only in the state of Texas where textbooks are required to state that marriage is between a man and a woman, they are now telling people how to sing in chiors. In a bladant discriminory tactic men can no longer sing Soprano or alto roles and girls cannot audition for tenor or bass.

What irks me is some males sing in a naturally high voice high some females sing in a naturally low voice. It's again what is natural to them. To sing in a state choir would be a tremendous honor and now just because you sing high if you are a guy or low if you are a girl you can't.

I think the song says it all "god bless Texas"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had to sing with the women's choir. Hillary caught me in their dressing room and I told her we were rehearsing.