Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Sticks and Stones

As much as I'd rather be talking about Karl Rove this is taking precedence over that after going back and forth with Robert Wilson and having what I thought was an intelligant conversation the other day I received an email saying I was disrespecting him by saying the right is "a bunch psychopaths" and "only like to bully and intimidate people". Now how many articles and posts on my site as well as others can I list to prove that. Let's find out a few:

From my post on July 6: From Northern Virginia lawmaker Tom Davis (R)"I think Major League Baseball understands the stakes, I don't think they want to get involved in a political fight."
He also added "I don't think it's the Nats that get hurt. I think it's Major League Baseball that gets hurt. They enjoy all sorts of exemptions" from anti-trust laws."

From a post about Bill O'Reilly on June 26th First he calls people "dissenters" for stating that Dubya lied about the war,for stating Dubya is violating our civil rights with the Patriot Act and is a major human-rights violator.

From June 17th heard this on the news and found the link here http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/17/schiavo.governor.ap/index.html
It's nice for the Republicans and their so-called "cycle of life" and the fact the doctors in the autopsy said Micahel Schiavo did nothing wrong, Jeb Bush sent a letter to Pinellas-Pasco County State Attorney Bernie McCabe asking for an investigation to why Michael Schiavo waited to call 911 after his wife's injury.

My quesiton is this happened 15 years ago. Why now?? I realize the republicans still have egg on their faces since this completely fell apart for them. I have 3 words for them: LET IT GO!

This happened years ago no one cares except for your right to life freaks and how many more people go through this without republican interference?? Thousands. Republicans focus on the matters of the country which this is none.

If you wish I can continue. Robert I've known you for a long time if you are so "insulted by the truth I'm sorry I can't change your view or mind I'm not it this to change minds I'm in this to inform. Being a liberal I take name-calling on a daily basis by conservatives in the media and it doesn't faze me one bit.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote form Erik's earlier post.

"YOu on the right. That's you. You sick demented psychopaths...That's you"

Those are your words, Erik. You are not only calling the Right names, you are singling me out. If you were just bashing the Right, you would have said "The Right is blah, blah, blah." Instead, you keep using the word "you". That means "me" and excuse me for calling you out on this, but I am just not going to take that kind of crap sitting down.

What bothers me even more is that you keep misstating what I say. Let me clear the record.

1. I'm not insulted by the "truth", I'm insulted by you calling me names.

2. I never stated that Saddam Hussein is linked to 9/11. Look at my post again. I referred to "Iraq's government of terror" and I will defend that statement. I was talking about Saddam's torturing and killing thousands of his fellow countrymen. You are welcome to argue that point Erik. If you want to tell me Saddam was really a sweetheart of a guy, at least you'll be arguing a point I made.

3. You also stated "YOu would claim either [Gore or Kerry] has done nothing for global warming and is soft on the environment [a]s I am stating about Bush." There's that "you" word again. You have no right to claim what I would say.

Erik, if you want to contest things I say, make sure you are contesting actual things I've said, not things I haven't said and not things you assume I would say.

Erik said...

You are a conservative who supports the president. So you on the right applies to you in that context. If you are not a conservative you sure could have fooled me. But everything I've said I've backed with facts. So I'm not sure if you are ending our friendship over this but hey you have the right to feel the way you do. And every conservative says the left is "blah blah blah" so you are just having sour grapes since the tide is turned. Doesn't feel good does it

Anonymous said...

YOu are going to have to face the hard fact that the Moon is not made of green cheese. I have plenty of facts to back this up. YOu brainless clunkheads would say "It looks like cheese, therefore it is cheese." The facts are there, plain as day. Look at any science book and you'll realize, beyond a doubt, that the Moon is made of swiss cheese.

Wow, now I understand, Erik. Making up arguments that others never said and coming up with fierce responses is kind of fun. Pointless, but fun.

Erik said...

Robert every statement I've made I've backed up with facts (something you on the right conveniently forget about) so you talk about cheese at least I live in something called reality I RESEARCH every point I make and you know what?? Again the truth hurts I guess that's why you are upset.

Anonymous said...

And...I rest my case.

Erik said...

You rested your case by saying nothing that makes any sort of sense just like the right wing. Makes sense. You are proving my point which is the right(which is what you are)is a bunch of childish bullies that yell and scream but say and do nothing. I am the one who is resting my case as point proven.

Anonymous said...

My point was that you either don't read my posts (you probably do), don't understand my posts (I'll give you more credit than that), or you make up arguments about things that I never said (this is what I believe is happening). I parodied your actions with my silly cheese story and you, instead of replying to it as such, used it as another opportunity to say again that I am hurt by the truth.

Since this is your blog, that makes me a guest. By not acknowledging my points and putting words in my mouth, you are disrespectful of your guests.

It seems that all you really want out of this blog is people replying "Yes, Erik, you are so observant Erik. Everything you say is dead on, Erik." I didn't realize you were such a megalomaniac.

Erik said...

I never realized what a child you are. You complain about what I said, you bitch that I insulted you yet you are able to insult me and I guess I have to sit and take it from you?? You know I thought I knew you well but I guess not. YOu are just like the right wing you complain about everything yet when you are called on it it's always the other persons fault yet you feel you can say and do anything. YOu are all very sad

Erik said...

And if I may one more thing: Other then the you can't blame bush on anything you've never really disagreed with what I said. You started calling me names and insulting me.

Anonymous said...

You are just figuring out now that I didn't disagree with you. Hallelujiah!

Believe it or not, I've probably have as much against Bush as you. Personally, I can't stand him. There are more than two sides to every issue. It seems that since you are on the left, you have to disagree and hate every single thing that the right stands for. Please understand that I make my own decisions and don't stick to party or even ideological lines. In case you haven't noticed, I haven't said anything about your Rove blogs. That's because I agreed with them. When you seemed to blame the London bombing almost exclusively on Bush, I disagreed and felt compelled to respond.

As far as name-calling, you called me "demented and psychotic". I'm not sure how you can qualify that remark (but I'm sure you're going to try). I called you a "megalomaniac" and qualified the remark.

I must say at this point, we are both being childish.

Erik said...

Here has been the difference. I have stood by with everything I said. I have backed up with facts from other websites and adding my views which is what my site is about. You have been disagreeing which is your right. But what gets me is you start with the "I shouldn't blame Bush for this" when again if he concentrated on the war on terror as he has in Iraq, while terrorism won't go away if he caught Bin Laden Al Queda would have had a harder time attacking and again if Bush and you were the one that has said I insulted you by stating the right was "psycopaths" yet it's ok for you to insult me. That's what I mean by hippocrite cause as far as I'm concerned when it's ok for you to do something and not expect a response (mind you I am admitting starting this) but again you have not backed up your statements with facts. As I've said before I find this entertaining and the back and forth has been fun since you are the first to disagree but you shouldn't complain when called on. Again that's why I'm upset cause the way I'm seeing it that's what you are doing