Saturday, August 18, 2007

Caught in a lie

So I'd like to offer this John McCain quote from allegedly dwkliberal CNN yesterday:

"It's entertaining, in that I was the greatest critic of the initial four year, three and a half years. I came back from my first trip to Iraq and said, This is going to fail. We've got to change the strategy to the one we are using now. But life isn't fair."

Now thinkprogress has the folowing quotes from the war critic he claims to be:

“But I believe, Katie, that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators.” [NBC, 3/20/03]

“It’s clear that the end is very much in sight.” [ABC, 4/9/03]

“There’s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they can probably get along.” [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

This is a mission accomplished. They know how much influence Saddam Hussein had on the Iraqi people, how much more difficult it made to get their cooperation.” [This Week, ABC, 12/14/03]

“I’m confident we’re on the right course.” [ABC News, 3/7/04]

“I think the initial phases of it were so spectacularly successful that it took us all by surprise.” [CBS, 10/31/04]

“I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent.” [The Hill, 12/8/05]



You all tell me does that sound like someone who is a critic of the war? Is it any wonder why his campaign is failing miserably. Shame to cause I used to have respect for the "man".


No comments: