Wednesday, August 22, 2007

When is it ok?

Just wondering if it's ok to talk about this now. I will anyway. Something about the mine owner in Utah, Robert Murray, struck me as odd from the first time they showed his face on tv. He seemed really arrogant to me dispite the tragedy that was then unfolding in his mine in Utah. I thought I was being cynical and maybe he that was just a person being brought into a tragic situation and he didn't know how to respond. Then I found a few things and found I was right with my first impression. For instance:

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_6589559

This article showed that a mine Murray owns in Illinois had exactly 2787 violations since 2005. No that's not a typo. This is the most disturbing part of the story:

n the meeting with top MSHA officials, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader, Murray cited his friendship with Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., the husband of Labor Secretary Elaine Chao who oversees MSHA and demanded Thompson be removed. He was reassigned and later retired.

A: that should automatically prompt an investigation into McConnell because if that is true (mind you I am not saying it is) that makes McConell directly responsible for this tragedy in Utah(I say that because he should have been shut down immediately and it wasn't).

Also not really being discussed much in the media (I saw a blurb on CNN for a minute or so) that three of the people who are missing are illegal aliens. Not American citizens. Someone has some explaining to do.


No comments: