Sunday, August 05, 2007

O'Idiot

So I gotta admit I'm a little torn about Bill O'Idiots column today. You see he talks about something that I am in actual agreement with him about rap music. I am not a big fan. Like anything else that doesn't mean there are exceptions there are a few songs I like but generally I think it's nothing but a lot of garbage. So on that pint I will agree with him as much as it saddens me.

Now here is when he and I part company on the issue. He uses McDonalds using a particular "rap artist" as a spokesperson when his songs have a lot of swearing in them and since McDonalds obviously has a lot of children going they shouldn't use them as a sponsor. Now here is where he and I differ because of a couple of things: I listen to classic rock and a lot of their songs have swearing in them. Most importantly the parents of the children need to be responsible and teach their children not to use the language said in the songs and to teach them right and wrong.

It's not the company's responsibility to teach children.


By the way for pure comic relief Weird Al Yankovic is playing in concert in Los Angeles at the Greek Theater on October 30th.

No comments: