Friday, January 27, 2006

Grand Theft Auto

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11058929/

We all know the popular video game series Grand Theft Auto. I have it for my Playstation 2 and am well aware of it. The game has a mature rating (after an original rating of teen) meaning of course that is a very violent game. It is. It has a lot of swearing as well.

That being said the City of Los Angeles is suing the company that makes the games Rockstar Games as well as it's parent company Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. for "making misleading statements in marketing the game and engaging in unfair competition."

Again everyone with 1/3 of a brain knows what the Grand Theft Auto is. It's as I said a violent game I will never play that with my nephews and nice around since I know better. However though if someone is under 18 and not old enough to get the game or play the game doesn't that responsibility fall on the person's parents? And if the stores are selling it to minors isn't it also their responsibility?

Just wondering.

No comments: