Thursday, January 26, 2006

Joel Stein

I'd like to talk briefly about conservative columnist Joel Stein's last piece in the Los Angeles Times I believe it was yesterday. He stated, as all of the right-wing media states, you cannot support the troops if you don't support the war.

I would like to defer with those comments. Most of the troops who signed up thought they would be going to the forgotten war in Afghanastan against the forgotten mastermind of 9/11 Osama Bin Laden. Not an illegal war in Iraq. Most of the troops thought they would be properly armed which they are not. Most of the troops thought they would have armored vehichles which they are not. Most thought they would NOT have to get their own armor for themselves but they DO. Remember Rummy's comment you go to the war with the army you have not the one you want??

I want the troops home for those reasons. They are fighting an illegal war, the troops are not properly armed or have the proper protection. We are at 2200 + soldiers murdered based on this illegal war (not to mention how many died after being wounded cause the Pentagon doesn't release those numbers).

But that's me and my opinion.

No comments: