Thursday, January 12, 2006

Who's already judged

After watching allegedly liberal Wolf Blitzer on alledgedly liberal CNN the past couple of days accuse Democrats of already making their mind on Samuel Alieto (no that is not a typo) I'd like to talk about republicans and give a few quotes from them who at least what I think according to these quotes but first here is what Blitzer has said the past two days:

(courtesy of mediamaters and thinkprogress)

From CNN's January 11 coverage of the Alito hearing:

BLITZER: Some Democrats are delivering an early verdict on Alito's performance. They say his testimony has been too vague, and even contradictory. We'll be watching as the judge tries again to make his case in the hours ahead.

BLITZER: It's 11 a.m. here in Washington, and Democrats are trying again to get more out of Judge Alito. Are they looking for answers? Or for the Supreme Court nominee to stumble?

nstead, Cornyn should look toward the four senators (including himself) who have already pledged support for Alito:

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX):

Judge Alito, the reason why these groups are trying to defeat your nomination because you won’t support their liberal agenda is precisely why I support it.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC):

It’s possible you could talk me out of voting for you, but I doubt it. So I won’t even try to challenge you along those lines. I feel very comfortable with you being on the Supreme Court based on what I know.

Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ):

These are the standards for a Supreme Court justice, and you plainly meet these expectations. As a consequence, I view your nomination with a heavy presumption in favor of confirmation.

Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS):

I will be supporting your nomination in front of the committee and on the floor. I think you’re an outstanding nominee, and I have appreciated your thoughts that you have put forward here.

So I ask based on these quotes who already judged Alieto?

No comments: