Monday, July 17, 2006

Ending Minimum Wage

So I got home from being out and about last night turned on FoxNews since they usually put me to sleep with the conservative nonsense they spew. They had a topic that upset me more then normal though.

The panel they had was discussing ending minimum wage. Now right off the bat that disturbs me. I realize if it was up to the right-wing there would be nothing but slave wages still. There would be no equal rights still and if you want an example of that one needs to look no further then the fact how the republican congressmen and senators were the ones who tried to stall voting to renew the voting rights act.

And one more thing how illegal immigration is a big issue now wouldn't ending the minimum wage encourage more of it? Call me crazy.

I guess the right wing in america (mind you the panel had all republicans I saw and no democrats per usual for Fox) really do want to turn us into a third world country.

3 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

To anyone who is making only minimum wage.

You are overpaid!

Erik said...

Could you live currently on minimum wage Robert? You are probably overpaid as well based on that statement.

Robert E Wilson said...

"Could you live currently on minimum wage Robert?"

Absolutely not! I'll write a complete explanation as to why minimum wage is so evil in my own blog. I'll let you know here when it is done.

I'll point out a few things though:

It's odd how you and others condemn employers for exporting jobs overseas, yet won't allow these same employers to hire people here for the same wages.

Do you know the reason minumum wage was brought into place to begin with? I'll give you a hint. It had nothing to do with protecting the workers.

In the Soviet Union, all employees were paid the same wage.