Sunday, July 16, 2006

What role should they have

As usual I wanna talk about Bill O'Idiot's column in the Los Angeles Daily News today. As usual he blames the media in reporting the wiretaps and they shouldn't be reporting that.

As usual I want to take him to task on that. I always feel the media should report the news. Positive and negative. I saw how the media trumpted how Bush said the deficit was going to be several billion dollars less then projected (which is a good things) however I did not see them say that it's still the fourth largest deficit ever. That's fine that is their perogative.

Take a look at the reporting of the monitoring of our bank transactions. Now the Bush administration said they were doing this (I reported that earlier if you want to look in my archives) but when the New York and Los Angeles Times reports this they are treated as public enemy number 1. Something is quite wrong with that I feel.

So what should it be? Should the media report all news and all information or just be a cheerleader for Bush. I guess it's a choice should we have Freedom of the Press or not.

I guess time will tell about that.

No comments: