Monday, July 31, 2006

Mel Gibson

I drink. That's well known if you look at my previous posts about alcohol. I don't hide it I'm up front about it. I feel I don't have an alcohol problem and am in control when I do and if I'm out of control I have friends who will stop me from doing anything stupid.

Which brings me to Mel Gibson. One thing I've kinda learned about alcohol is it enhances your personality. If you're loud you get louder if you are angry you get angrier etc. The more you drink the more you you become. So it was no suprise to hear about Mel Gibson's comments after HE was arrested for drunk driving.

We all know about how his father has denied the holocaust right when Passion of the Christ was released. I remember seeing an interview on supposedly liberal CNN saying the Jews just "disappeared" they went to "Sydney, Austrailia or Los Angeles or wherever." From that point I knew the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Add the fact that Gibson is making a movie about the holocaust from the German's point of view.

But getting back to the arrest what the public was never supposed to find out about BUT the celebrity website TMZ.com found how the sheriff of Los Angeles Lee Baca covered up what happened. Where Gibson said how "the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Then asked the arresting officer "Are you a Jew?" and he blamed Jews for everything. And he threatened to have the cops badge for arresting him. Nice guy isn't he??

The worse part was Lee Baca who attempted to cover that up because Gibson has donated $10,000 to the stepdaughter of a slain deputy AND Gibson has done Public Service Announcements for the sheriff's department.

One more thing if a celebrity is arrested we can usually see the mugshot right away at websites like thesmokinggun.com where they have the mugshots of any famous person arrested. But not Gibson.

This stinks on Gibson and Baca's part. I know when Gibson releases his next movie I'm protesting it and I know when Baca is up for re-election I'm not voting for him. What you do is your choice.

By the way I should add that he did issue one of the phony actor/polition apologies that so many do. One of the ones no sane person would believe.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Just to update they did release Gibson's mugshot. Why is when conservatives are arrested (at thesmokinggun you can see that with Limbaugh and Delay at least) they are always well dressed and smiling with their mugshots?