Sunday, February 26, 2006

More huh?

I'm a little confused here (I know what else is new). I thought the republicans were supposed to be the post 9/11 party. The security party. Yet everything I see about the port deal contradicts that. I'm reading the reasons why the deal should happen and I can't find a single reason why it makes sense.

For instance I'm reading my good friend Bill O'Reilly's column today and he says that it's because we need their friendship. I remember back in 1980 or so people saying the same thing about Saddam.

The bottom line is the UAE is not our friend. I'm not saying they are our enemy but they actually have ties to the attack on us on 9/11 and they have ties to Bin Laden and they have ties to terror. If those weren't facts I would not have a problem with them but those are facts.

No comments: