Sunday, February 12, 2006

Odd Views (What else is new)

After reading Bill O'Reilly's column in today's Los Angeles Daily News I really wonder how his thought process works (or doesn't not quite sure).

He's rambling today on the Christian religion and how they have been "insulted" as of late because of their views. He says they are called (this is his quote) "oppresive" by the so-called liberal media.

I mean if you really wanna take a look at history of the Christian religion we can go back as far as the crusades to see how they force their views on the world. But I won't cause frankly you don't want a history lesson.

Problem is today. For instance what makes christianity seem so horrible is representatives like Bill O'Reilly. You wanna know what I mean? You can go to the joke of a "war" on Christmas like he rambled on last year. When I think of a war I think of the disaster like we have in Iraq right now (which I think is also a war on religion more then anything) and not a war on the most holy days of all. But that's me.

But we can also talk about the christian rights views on life (you have to be born whether you are wanted or not) death (no help ever if you are terminally ill RE Terry Schivo) gay marriage (they are opposed no matter what) and I can go on. They have got to change their views in general on society and except that their way isn't the only way.

But that's my view.

6 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

Your criticisms apply to the Roman Catholic Church, not to christioanity in general. Ask a Lutheran, Methodist, or Episcopalian and most do not share the views you mention.

Erik said...

Actually Robert O'Reilly in the column claimed "all christians) so he feels it applies to everyone. I'm going with what he is saying.

Robert E Wilson said...

O'Reilly does not speak for Christianity. Neither does any one person, no matter what they say.

By the way, you have a chance to debate O'Reilly in person.

KABC.com

Erik said...

I already applied BUT I doubt he would want a real debate only someone he can control like the others he has on.

Erik said...

So Bill O'Reilly is speaking for christians (all factions thereof) and that's ok. That's what you are saying (again read the column)

Robert E Wilson said...

Why don't you post your "Tell us why you should debate Bill O'Reilly..." essay that you submitted?