Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Olympics

I keep hearing the question why are the olympics doing so badly in the ratings. I think the answer is two-fold.

First the fact is most of us can find out what happens in the olympics before they are televised. Takes the suprise out of things.

Second is logistics. Problem is no live events. It's tied in to above but that has a lot to do with it.

I love the olympics (except curling but that's another story) and I watch what I can when I can but I understand that if you have the results it's not fun.

3 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

Question: Why is the Winter Olympics getting poor ratings?

Answer:
Figure Skating (ZZZZZZZ)
Ice Dancing (ZZZZZZZ)
Curling (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)

Of course, you can believe Bryant Gumbel and say that the Winter Olympics does not have the best athletes because they are all white. (His words, not mine)

Erik said...

The funny thing about Gumbel's statement is what happened on Sunday or so.. A black athlete won the speed skating

Erik said...

One more thing unfortunately usually figure skating and ice dancing is the best ratings winners. I'm still waiting for someone to explain curling to me.