Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A question

I'm not one for conspiracy theories and I'm not saying this is but I always find convenience interesting. Here's what I mean.

You know the bad PR the Bush Administration has been getting. Now I just pose a question: If Cheney would NOT have shot his friend last weekend what would we/I be talking about?

I would have talked about Scooter Libby saying his "superiors" ordered him to leak the name of Valerie Plame and who his superiors are (Dick Cheney, George Bush)

I would have talked more about the port deal and how tragic it's going to be to have the United Arab Emerits control 6 major ports in the United States even though the UAE has ties to terrorists and 9/11.

I would have talked about the illegal wiretaping and how the Senate killed an inquiry because the republicans like Frist who said the following(Courtesy of thinkprogress) FRIST: I believe the program – I know the program is constitutional – that it is legal – and Sen. DeWine (Ohio) ou know, there’s been some controversy about whether or not this program is legal or is not legal. I think we need to get beyond that. And the vast majority of American people believe these calls need to be listened to. But we don’t want to have any kind of debate about whether it’s constitutional or not constitutional. So I think we need to put that beyond us.

I also would have talked about the release of photo's from Guantanamo of the torture and the photos with Bush and Abramoff.

That's what we would have been talking about. Again I'm not saying anything beyond what this was which was a stupid act on Cheney's part but again with all that's going on surrounding the illegalities of the Bush Administration well distractions needed to be had.

No comments: