Sunday, February 19, 2006

O'Reilly's Column

For anyone new to my website it's usually a Sunday tradition for me to counteract Bill O'Reilly's column in the Los Angeles Daily News and today is no exception.

He talks about a movie he's never seen and never will Brokeback Mountain. The movie about gay cowboys. Now keep in mind (just to throw the disclaimer) I also have not seen the movie nor does it interest me. Not for the reasons that Bill O'Reilly states (which I will get into) but for the same reason I normally am not interested in that genre of a movie. I'm more into Comedies and action and sci-fi picks myself. O'Reilly is homophobic (like most of the right-wing media) and is not going to go to the movie for that reason.

He also seems to talk about what the Clint Eastwood(very conservative) character in the movie "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" would do if he came across the leads in the movie in reference to Eastwood characters shoot first ask questions later.

He also wonders why movies like Star Wars and Harry Potter weren't nominated dispite being the highest grossing movies of the year. Well just to remind Mr. O'Reilly that with few exceptions (Lord of the Rings, Gladiator most recently) those types of movies hardly win Academy Awards. It's usually the dramas that do.

Guys like him really need to change their world view for society to change.

No comments: