Thursday, October 13, 2005

Religion and the Court

One of the things I've noticed about the nomination of Harriet Miers is how Bush and the right-wing echo machine continue to talk about Miers faith and how religious she is which brings me to this question: We allegedly have separation (sorry if I mispelled) of church and state why is this being brought up? Is Bush so desperate to keep the religous portion of his party happy that he has to shove that down our throats?

Actually I heard reports (on cnn,etc) that he had several more qualified women interviewed but they turned him down for one reason or another. Why, (I realize that this is going to be contreversial) does this pick have to be a woman anyway? Shouldn't it be the most qualified person availible no matter what their sex,race,religion is? I'm just wondering about that.

Miers so far to me just sounds like she is going to be a yes person for the administration because all I here about is her loyalty as well as religion.

No comments: