Thursday, October 20, 2005

Rush

from media matters.

This guy just lies all the time it's funny. He bitches how things are taken out of context when he says them and how he's not treated fair by the media I'd like to take a transcript from his show and you can tell me if this is the same thing or not.


LIMBAUGH: Moving onto the audio sound bytes. Yesterday, Michigan State University. A forum on the state of news journalism. ABC's Sam Donaldson says, "How important is objectivity?"

DONALDSON : If you listen to Rush Limbaugh, you don't hear a lot of the other side. I try to --

LIMBAUGH: Stop the tape. Sam, you don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. Otherwise you wouldn't have said that. What do I do on this program? I set up exactly what the other side's position is. I'm the only one who'll do it honestly. If I have a liberal guest on this program, I'm not guaranteed the liberal guest is going to be honest about what he believes. So in order to establish what I believe and what I think, I set myself up by presenting the liberal point of view on whatever issue it is I'm talking about. So he's wrong about that.

Let's take a look. First he cuts off the tape so we don't know what Donaldson fully said (something he clais sites like Media Maters does to him all the time) then he has the nerve to say he presents the LIBERAL point of view??

Here are a few examples that say otherwise.

From June 8th:

LIMBAUGH: Let me tell you something, the Democrats are more fearful -- and I've told you this too -- they're more fearful of Christians than they are of Al Qaeda. The Democrats are more fearful of Democrats [sic] than they are of Islamist terrorists living in this country. They are more fearful of Christians than they are of any enemy of the United States of America. They probably have more fear of Christians than they do nuclear weapons being launched by North Korea.

From August 1st: LIMBAUGH: The left in this abortion business -- when I tell you that that's the sacrament to their religion of liberalism, you've got to understand. It's their communion. It's everything, and you cannot touch it, and nobody's going to stop it, and it's got -- whatever they can find to legitimize it. And what better way than to come off of the stem-cell research business oriented towards saving lives as their means of actually promoting abortion?

From August 15th: LIMBAUGH: If it were up to you people, we wouldn't exist as a country today. You would have given in to the Soviets long ago, you would have appeased the Soviet communists. You would appease Iran right now. You probably wouldn't have cared about the war on terror or the bombing on 9-11. You would have sought out bin Laden and tried to make a deal with him, and this country exists today only because we have been able to prevent you from gaining power to do that kind of thing. We've had our run-ins with Neville Chamberlain types, and you're the modern incarnation.

Maybe he's on another drug high or something but none of these views are liberal.

No comments: