Monday, October 24, 2005

War and Religion

How many times have we heard Bush say god has told him that the war on Iraq is right?

How many times do we hear the terrorist kill in the name of allah?

It's obvious religion is huge in today's society. I think our current war is about religion more then anything. Bush thinks his god is better, the insurgents in Iraq are killing in the name of allah think that there god is better.

Nevermind in Israel they are surrounded by enemies who are killing in the name of god.

This is the world we live in. That is why I get pissed at religion. I am not blaming one over another but if you look at the mess we are in let's take a look at why we are in it.

That is also why our founding fathers left religion out of the constitution. They knew what would happen. Here we are now and look at how many stupid things are done in the name of god.

13 comments:

Robert E Wilson said...

Has Bush really stated that God told him the war on Iraq is right? I'm not saying he didn't but I had never heard of this.

Erik said...

Here are a few links for you if you don't believe me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1586978,00.html
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article317805.ece
http://auto_sol.tao.ca/node/view/1551

And if you do a google search there are hundreds of others.

Erik said...

you type in George Bush God and there they are

Robert E Wilson said...

All these links are saying the same thing - that Bush told Palestinians in a meeting. This is hardly credible as Bush obviously supports Israel. I did the Google search and got lots of hits. I looked through the first 3 pages and didn't see any credible source stating this. I bet if I look up Bush and Satan, I'll find as many sites.

Erik said...

Really though all these facts (if you want me I can post more links I just figured four was enough) was how many stupid things are done in the name of god

Erik said...

And by the way what do you mean by credible sites these are newspapers?

Robert E Wilson said...

It's not the credibility of the newspaper I'm referring to. It's the fact that they are all reporting a third-hand statement by a Palestinian.

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it-I did a lot of stupid things while girls were screaming "oh god!!!"

Erik said...

so? he said it and how many other times has Bush mentioned his faith. And how many times has he said about the new Supreme Court Justice nominee's faith?

Robert E Wilson said...

Mentioning his faith is not anything close to saying "God told me...". There's nothing wrong with faith and spirituality.

Erik said...

There is when there is supposed to be none of it in pollitics. Remember seperation of church and state

Robert E Wilson said...

Separation of church and state most certainly does not mean a politician cannot declare his/her faith.

Erik said...

BUt it doesn't mean you have to shove it down our throats.