Monday, August 29, 2005

Bill O'Reilly yet again

As usual I would have to take exception to Bill O'Reilly's column in the Los Angeles Daily News yesterday.

According to Mr. O'Reilly a lawsuit filed by the ACLU that wants all photos released of the abuse and torture at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay released will "threaten U.S. troops" if the photos are released.

As always I would like to take exception to that statement. To me, again this is my view, if the photos are released it will not, again not but the troops in any more danger then they are already in. After all, soldiers are dying every day in Iraq or at least almost every day.

Again to me it's a case where O'Reilly and the right-wing media don't want citizens to see what's going on in Iraq and Cuba. They don't want us to see the human rights abuses going on because they fear that it will worsen the support of the war even though it's already steadily going downhill.

But again for this President and anyone who supported this war to admit it was a mistake would be the most remarkable thing I've ever seen.

No comments: